What video editing software is free and good in 2026? I havent saw any free ones for a long time. I normally recommend Premiere pro or Sony vegas. Any recommendations? Is Davinci Resolve free version any good? I may be building a laptop with streamlabs on and need an editor to stick on it.
Free YouTube Video Editing Software 2026?
-
-
Have used free Davinci resolve a lot I think it's great honestly, since I've been making the switch to Linux because frick Microslop been exploring kdenlive some more.
-
Have used free Davinci resolve a lot I think it's great honestly, since I've been making the switch to Linux because frick Microslop been exploring kdenlive some more.
I think I tried it ages ago, a lot of people who dont use Premiere seem to use it. I have tried Lightworks a lot time ago but I didnt get used to it. I couldnt get used to Linux, I used to use Ubuntu a bit but always ended up back on Windows. Kdenlive looks quite robust too.
Have you tried the speed editor before? I ended up ordering a tour box, better bloody be good for the price lol expecting it within 2 days and a new wrist brace.
-
Have you tried the speed editor before?
Haven't heard of that one before.
-
Haven't heard of that one before.
Its basically a console for editing with jog wheel etc I was going to go for it but it doesnt natively support premiere pro, I get the tourbox today, I am kind of dreading it as I know I need to learn how to map it and use it.
Participate now!
Don’t have an account yet? Sign up now to post your own questions and be a part of our creator community!